Salsa Dancing for Staying Active| Live Happy
Based on the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines from American, (1) being physically active on a regular basis helps in the following areas:
- Improves your chances for a longer and healthier life
- Will help to protect you from developing heart disease, high blood pressure, and unwanted blood lipid patters
- Helps you by protecting you against developing certain caners
- It is a preventative measure for type 2 diabetes
- Helps in prevention of bone loss
- Reduces the symptoms of depression and anxiety
I decided to start salsa dancing after a coworker showed me a video of six salsa dancers including himself. Watching the sexiness of the dance, the choreography of movements, and audience feedback, I was hooked.
For the next few years I studied and practice dancing salsa. The one thing I did notice was how tired I was from the dancing. I learned to use the dancing as great way to exercise and stay active.
I changed my schedule to have a night out with friends. My friends and I go out to dinner at a fun restaurant and follow it up with some exciting salsa dancing. It was a great way to help the food I had just eaten to digest, get some light to medium level exercise, and enjoy the evening with friends.
I would suggest to others to pick a hobby that can keep them active and something they truly enjoy doing.
See you guys on the dance floor!
Until then, live a happy life now
1 U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. 2008.